Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'd Have So Many People To Be Thankful For!

I'm on a journey to become a better person, wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend. In the last few months I have really come to terms with who I am and who I want to be, I always thought I would have had this figured out before I was married and had children. My life has not followed a plan and I pretty sure it wasn't supposed to instead I've been living it.

I'm so grateful and thankful for the people that influenced me in positive ways, who showed me love and guidance when they didn't have to but was exactly what I needed at that time. I've come to decision to thank those people because without them I wouldn't be me and I wouldn't be here.

Recently I have been digging through the deeps of relationships to strengthen the one I have with my husband. I want more then anything for my kids to grow up with their parents together, happily married. I didn't think when my parents divorced it would have had an everlasting impact on my views of marriage and relationships but unfortunately it did, I feel like I'm fighting against this will to self destruct and to just enjoy our ups and downs. When I get really really angry with him I sometimes go to a place of it's over but it's not over and I don't want it to be ever. I want to always work things out I want to give my kids that gift that I didn't have.

Carlos and I have started dating each other again, we had a really short courtship. We have been friends for the last 10 or 11 years but to really date each other ended fast as we got pregnant a month into our relationship. It's been hard to try and get to know each other when you have a child/children. I do know that no other man will ever love me and my kids the way that he does, I've been really blessed to have gotten pregnant by him when I hadn't even met his Mom or anyone else in his family. We were really lucky to have families who supported our pregnancy and relationship, my Dad  pushed for a shot gun marriage but he was thinking of me and my unborn child.

Carlos and I went bowling last night for our friend Gianna's birthday, I realized when we were there that we had never been bowling together. I loved watching him bowl, I love how funny/silly and confident he is, how charming he is to everyone who worked there, in these moments I fall in love with him all over again. He is such a special,special, wonderful, man.

To everyone I have relationships with Thank you for helping me get to this wonderful time in my life, I'm so thankful to have you here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment