Friday, August 27, 2010

I Would Find Play-doh in the Microwave...

Yes as the title of this blog states I just pulled pink play-doh out of our microwave. I'm not sure of the culprit so it looks like no one will get disciplined this time. Our friday has been good/great so far, we spent an hour and a half at a local park walking around, it's been awhile since we have been out exercising between sickness and the weather we spent most of August inside or out on our new swing set.

Anthony was so tired by the time we came home he was able to find a marker and try to "paint" his toenails and then follow me around asking to nurse until it turned into a full bown tantrum asking to go nite nite. I am very thankful that Anthony likes his naps, he's always gone to sleep easy for naps. Bed time is a whole different story but it seems like I have more patience at night then during the day, Izabella is the complete opposite who has always fought nap time but loves bed time.

Carlos went away for training this week  to New Jersey it was the first time I have been home alone with the kids for three night, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how well things went. I really had a great time with the kids, knowing that there is no one else who is going to do anything really kicks my butt into gear with them. Granted we all slept in the same bed together, I really enjoyed my alone time at night. It was so quiet in the house without anyone snoring. The first night he was gone I didn't sleep very well for every noise I hear I thought was a burglar or murderer, we do live in a safe neighborhood and our house is locked up like Fort Knox.

I was able to enjoy some good conversation with old friends who I hadn't seen in a very long time, I miss the days of being able to see friends whenever I want I'm trying to incorporate friends into my hectic family life, I want them to know that I care for them even when it's been a while. I think I need a better balance of friends with having small children, but geez it's hard.

Nap time is sacred around here, I take the time to do whatever I want but usually I'm laying on the couch watching reality tv trying to stay awake until Anthony wakes up and sleeps on the couch with me. Well it is nap time and I'm going to catch up on The Real Housewives of DC and then start cleaning for our play date this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment