Thursday, August 19, 2010

My First Blog...Ever

Hello Blogging world!  My name is Audrey I'm in my mid twenties and I'm married to a unbelievable, kind, handsome man named Carlos, we have a daughter Izabella who was born in May 2007, and a son Anthony who is almost 21 months old. Everyone always feels the need to tell us that we are done, but we aren't even close. I have big plans for our future family.

As of right now I have two sisters who are my best friends, I talk to both of them almost daily. I love my older sister Melissa's kids as if they were my own, my nephew Robbie is 2 months younger then Anthony at almost 19 months old and I have a brand new niece Samantha "Pickles" as of August 5, who is two weeks old today! Melissa is a wonderful Mom and wife who I look up to for all sorts of stuff we have the same views when it comes to most important topics like religion politics and biggest of all parenting. My younger sister who we call Titi Corina whose actual name is Corinne is a very special person, I truly don't know what my life would be like without her in it. My kids adore her and are so lucky to have an aunt come and play with them 4-7 times a week.

My parents are that ugly D word divorced, my Dad is remarried to a woman named Carolyn. My Mom is remarried to a great guy named Chip who I'm truly thankful entered our lives when he did. I'm very close to both my parents telling them almost everything and anything, I don't know what I would do without having that type of "friendship" with them. Another important person in our lives is Carlos Grandmother Gladys, she's a very special woman who takes care of my children regularly, well at least once a week so I can go to my weekly therapy session. Two more important people in our lives are Carlos' Mom Estella and Step-Dad Raul who we have Monday night dinners with weekly. We are lucky to have their love and support when it comes to our family. Carlos also has a Sister named Dilem who is married to Johnny and they are expecting a little boy on September 20.

This blog is probably going to prove to be slightly difficult when it comes to be able to express my true feelings about certain people and events in my life, I'm going to wing it and see how things go. I've found it's interesting how time goes on to be little less tolerant to those angry souls who want to bring you down because they aren't happy with themselves. I'm struggling today with how to deal with those people when I can't just not see them when they are part of my life no matter what.

My beliefs in God are strong and are liberal. I was raised Roman Catholic baptism, communion, Confirmation and all. Carlos and I have had a hard time finding a church where we are both comfortable, he was raised Pentecostal. We are on the road to discover a church where we are comfortable raising our children, we both believe it's important to be raised with a belief in God and to have Faith. If anyone has any suggestions we warmly welcome any advice on finding the right church for us.

I believe all people should be treated equally, I believe no one should be judged by their sexual orientation, color of their skin, ethnicity, gender. I think we all DESERVE the right to marry who ever we want, when ever we want, where ever we want. I think we are judged by God by the way that we act and treat other people. I don't believe there is one "right" religion I believe all religions are generally trying to teach compassion, love, and forgiveness. I also believe that God or Jesus would never discriminate against anyone no matter who you love. I don't understand how in 2010 their are still churches filled with people who discriminate others based on their sexual orientation.

I believe all Babies are born and want to breastfeed unfortunately they don't have a say, thats a blog itself though.


My husband, children and I are currently sick with Herpangina a virus similar to that of Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease just minus the Hand and Foot. It's a type of Coxsackie virus and it's really taken a toll on all of us this week. Also Anthony has had an ear infection for the last two weeks in a row, hopefully we clear this week without one.

I think that is all for my first blog and will continue this journey from here on out. I am hoping to gain confidence in myself by speaking my opinions and putting myself out there.

1 comment:

  1. great first blog!! you are a great strong wonderful mother, wife and friend!! i cant wait to read more!! love you

    ReplyDelete