Saturday, August 21, 2010

Let's Try This Again...

While the kids are playing quietly with flash cards and a huge cardboard box I figured I could get some writing in. After I finished yesterday I left out some other very important people in our lives and I feel the need to fill you in.

When I got pregnant my life changed immediately I obviously stopped drinking and smoking and that was when I realized who my friends actually were. It's amazing how people will stop talking to you because you are going to have a baby. Well their were people who stuck by my side and continued being my friends through this exceptional journey. I'm so lucky to have them in my life and I cherish each and every one of you.

Let's start with my best friend since we were 6 years old, Lucia! We have been through so much together she's not even really like my friend anymore but my Sister, our parents divorced at the same time she moved away but some how we managed to stay friends through the good, the bad and the ugly. I know I can always tell her anything and I never worry about being something I'm not I'm just myself. She loves to remind me of the days I wore sweatpants with soccer cleats and didn't brush my hair. I'll always remember her chicken legs. I have to tell you Lucia and her familia are the ones who introduced me to Latino culture;  arroz con frijoles, salsa music, huge family parties. I did think it was odd that all her aunts and uncles had the same name Tia and Tio. Lucia taught me how to dance and we spent many nights dancing and getting ourselves into trouble.

Lindsay. Is a great friend who still surprises me with her kindness and compassion for other people. In Lindsay's car one night after drinking, and breaking up with my boyfriend that the song "I will survive" came on. Lindsay, Maia , AJ and I sang and sang at the top of our lungs and I felt in that moment alive and I would get over that bad relationship. I don't know how to define that moment but to me it was priceless and I knew that these were my friends! I love hanging out with Lindsay and hearing about her life as a single woman and when I go out with her she has the ability to make me laugh so hard I want to pee in my pants. There are the people that bring you down and make you feel bad well Lindsay is the complete opposite! I can't wait to see what else life has to offer her!

Maia, Maia, Maia. I'll start when I first met her which was July 13, 2002, I remember this date so clearly because it was hours before my 18th birthday. Maia is the most unique individual I have ever met, her ability to always see the positive is a personality trait which is truly divine. Maia and I have spent many nights talking and enjoying each other's company. My trust in her is so strong that I love her to pieces, she is such an exceptional part of my life that my only wish is that we spend more time together. She has been there for all my kids birthdays and my own and I can't wait to celebrate all her wonderful life events to come. She is getting married in September to a wonderful guy Danny, who is just the perfect guy for her, I can't imagine her with anyone else. Let me mention her beautiful laugh!

BETSY!! Is such another wonderful woman, who I am so so so proud of. I love talking to her and wish I did more often! She's wonderful with my kids and is absolutely the life of the party. I loved the time we spent in FL moving AJ into his first apartment, sitting out on the water... The man that asked if we were twins that still makes me laugh, or the time in NYC at the Gay bar when we fought with the bouncer. I love her love of nature and how we both grew up without junk food. Betsy is a magnificent person who I can't wait to spend more time with!!

Okay sorry guys I have to get back to my kids before the house is in shambles but leading up to...

Kate! Kate was there when I needed a friend the most she was there to laugh with and to talk to, I've always found Kate easy to talk to and absolutely hillarious!  I loved the fact when I got pregnant that she never treated me any different. She will probably always remind of when Carlos and I went to visit her in her first apartment in Boston, that after a long night of drinking and Kate forgetting her Id which enabled us to only go to one bar that night but I ran out of her apartment at 9am dragging Carlos behind me only to forget my purse. I found out I was pregnant the following week. Kate is a dear friend who has a strong personality which I find just charming. Love you Kate.

Lindsay, Maia, Betsy and Kate lead me to one amazing Man that has been in my life and that would be AJ! AJ is an amazing, enthusiastic, charming, handsome man who has been my friend through thick and thin. He introduced me to the those four amazing women and I wouldn't be here still standing without him. AJ and I have gone through the best times to the worst of times, he is truly a great person and I know that no matter how long it goes without seeing him or talking to him he is always my friend and nothing can ever change that. He is my kids "Guncle" Thanks Tori Spelling, I wish they got to see him more as he is truly amazing with kids :) I can't wait to see who he chooses to settle down with, where he ends up living and just all the wonderful things he has to offer. Love you AJ!


Denise definitely came into my life when I needed another Mommy friend, we started emailing right before her son was born (which was 4 months after Izabella). I have known Denise for basically as far back as I can remember because she was friends with my older sister Melissa but it wasn't until she was almost due that we became friends. We have had a lot in common from breastfeeding hardships, parenting, having two children so close together, being stay at home moms, and our hardships with certain relationships. I know that we will be friends for a long time as my kids love hers and we truly enjoy spending time together. She is entering her Masters program and I'm so proud of her for making that initiative for herself and her family.


I think I am going to leave it there for now, all the wonderful people who are in our lives you know who you are and I need to hurry up and post this as its already taken me two days to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment