Sunday, July 21, 2013

My birthday baby

 I was able to receive one of the best presents for my birthday... a baby! As soon as my Sister told me she was pregnant (back in December) and her due date of July 10th I knew I was going to share my birthday, it took me a little longer to predict she was a girl but I was right with that too! I even asked if she was born on my birthday if I could keep her; Melissa agreed. Unfortunately when I went to claim her today Melissa was completely unable and unwilling to part with her.

I went to bed the night before my birthday a little unsure of how I felt about sharing my birthday (I had no idea she would go into labor) I wouldn't even make plans with my Mom and Sister for dinner because I knew they wouldn't be there. I awoke to Carlos handing me his phone with the news of a birthday baby a sweet baby girl. I was thrilled for my Sister and her family but a little part of me was sad that I no longer had this day to myself. Don't get me wrong I believe the birth of a baby is the most amazing miracle in the world. I know that this baby was born on my birthday for a reason and I can't wait to learn why!! 

I got the rest of the details a baby girl named Adeline weighing in at 8lbs 2oz 21.25inches long! She was a perfectly planned home birth after only 4 hours of labor and to make any of you other Moms out there jealous I'm pretty sure my sister was wearing pre-pregnancy shorts today too. 

                 A few hours old




     My Sister Melissa and baby Addy.
My nephew Robbie, my niece Sammie, and baby Addy! 
     My Brother in Law Kenny and Addy




                     Perfection 

I was unable to make it up to meet her until today :( I was so happy to meet her, hold her, kiss her. She's a very calm baby, with lots of alert time and I swear at a week old she was giving real smiles.

As soon as I saw this sweet little girl held her in arms and cooed over every ounce of her all I felt was complete joy and love for my sweet little niece. I love you little Addy! Melissa, thank you for being such a great Mom to my precious little niece. I am completely faithful she will always know how truly and deeply she is loved by us all.

It aches my heart that they are a little over a two hour drive. My kids love spending time with their cousins, Izabella cried and cried when it was time to leave.

I wish I took more pictures but I enjoyed being and playing with the kids that much more. 

  I think she's going to look just like me!





   My nieces and I... See she's smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment