Thursday, July 18, 2013

Trip to Maryland

 
                   Stuck in traffic
I have to give my kids some credit they are REALLY well behaved in the car. They can sit for hours gracefully, they tell me not to stop for food or for the bathroom they just want to get there.

    Upon arrival at my Dads house right into the pool!

Anthony learned to cannonball and jump into the pool. I finally had to get him out as he was blue and shivering.

My little fish who is swimming so well above and under water.

It's so nice for the kids to have a place to ride bikes! We always have to pack up the bikes and take them to a parking lot to ride safely.

After racing down the driveway as fast as he can!

My cousin Kelly and her son! They are such beautiful souls and I'm so lucky to be able to spend such quality time with them. Even though its only a few times a year they have special places in my heart.

He is so sweet and adorable. I can see him doing great things in life.

Snack time with cousin DJ!! He's growing up so fast and is talking so well!

One morning it was too cold to stay in the pool any longer so I brought them in to swim in the jacuzzi tub!! They had so much fun and got clean at the same time.


Sleep is always difficult when going some place new, as the kids are used to my Dad's house it always takes time to get in the groove of sleeping. I was tired after not sleeping through the night for a few nights in a row. Even for being tired taking trips are always such great experiences for all of us. Anthony and I finally slept in on the day we left, Izabella was up early with Grandpa and enjoyed watching The Flinstones an eating dry cereal.

                  Digging for fossils
  
Anthony fell asleep in the car on the way to my Dad's office. I loved having him sleep on my chest.
                Love his little hands

Izabella was very interested in my Dads office. She loved going into the lab. She had tons of questions, who knows maybe she will be a doctor or scientist or both one day.

My Dad then surprised me with dinner reservations at a French restaurant. The kids did well and devoured the tres leche cake. It was a wonderful birthday surprise!! Thanks Dad!

Then it was time to leave the next day!
Good bye Maryland until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun, but brief trip! Nice that your kids are good travelers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short and sweet! Thank goodness they like adventure!

    ReplyDelete