Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My kids would have conversations like these

I picked the kids up from camp today and was listening to the two of them talk as we drove home when Anthony started talking about building a house...

Anthony: "I'm going to build a house bigger than our house with a pool, no grown ups are allowed in the pool..."

Izabella: "How about a hot tub for the grown ups?"

Anthony: "ok a hot tub or the grown ups and two pools for the kids. I'm going to be the only four year old with my own house and my Husband is going to buy it for me..."

Izabella: "But Anthony don't you want kids? If you marry a man you can't have kids..."  
(I was going to interject here about adoption but figured it was best I stayed out of the conversation)

Anthony: "Okay okay I do want kids, I do, okay I'll marry a wife.."

Izabella: "Well you can always marry a woman and have a baby then divorce her and marry a man"

So they are fully comfortable being able to marry who they want but..

I'm thinking we need to work on marrying for love instead of a house or a baby...

Gosh, I love their innocence.

1 comment: