Wednesday, July 17, 2013

No one ever told me...

That having children would teach me more about myself then I ever thought was needed. As I putting the kids to sleep tonight Izabella went right to sleep eye mask on and was out. 


Anthony was twisting and turning uncomfortable in his own skin. I started massaging his hands,his feet and his legs which calmed him but not quite enough. So I tried leaving him alone which led to him crying, turning the lights on and off, complaining of the light from the window, then it was too dark, he was actually crawling under his bed. So then I went in and he looked at me and I knew the look he missed me. The kids have been with me pretty much every minute since school got out and now he has been at camp every day from 9-3:30. (He's been having a great time and didn't want to leave today) so I asked if he missed me and the tears came he said yes. I held him as he cried and told him I missed him too, it was okay to miss me and still go to camp. I told him there were only two more days and then he would be back home with me. He calmed down quickly laid back down had me put my head on his chest and he fell asleep. 


This reminds me how myself will find other things to be mad or upset about instead of the simple truth of missing someone or something. That if I let myself go to that vulnerable spot and express my feelings then I too can calm myself to peace.


2 comments:

  1. I love reading this..and someday the kids will too..your a wonderful mother they are lucky kids..xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete